Common Foods That Can Make Your Dog Sick

Common Foods That Can Make Your Dog Sick

dog common foods

Your Dog Sick!

As a Dog Owner, you want to make sure that your furry friend is healthy and happy. One of the best ways to do that is to feed them a healthy diet. However, there are some Dog foods that you should avoid giving your dog, as they can be harmful dog sick to their health.

Here is a list of common foods that you should not feed your dog:

 Chocolate: Chocolate contains a substance called theobromine, which is toxic to dogs. The amount of theobromine that is toxic to dogs varies depending on the type of chocolate and the size of the dog. However, even a small amount of chocolate can be harmful to a dog.

Avocados: Avocados contain a substance called persin, which is toxic to dogs. Persin can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even death in dogs.

Onions and garlic: Onions and garlic can cause anemia in dogs. This is because they contain a substance called thiosulfate, which destroys red blood cells.
Grapes and raisins. Grapes and raisins are toxic to dogs. It is not known exactly what makes grapes and raisins toxic to dogs, but even a small amount can cause kidney failure.

Macadamia nuts: Macadamia nuts are toxic to dogs. They can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and neurological problems.

Milk and other dairy products: Milk and other dairy products can cause diarrhea and other digestive problems in dogs. This is because dogs do not produce the enzyme lactase, which is needed to break down lactose.

Raw meat and eggs: Raw meat and eggs can contain harmful bacteria that can make your dog sick. Raw meat can also contain parasites that can infect your dog.

Salty foods: Salty foods can cause dehydration and other health problems in dogs.

Xylitol: Xylitol is a sugar substitute that is found in many foods, including gum, candy, and baked goods. Xylitol is toxic to dogs and can cause hypoglycemia, seizures, and even death.

If you are ever unsure about whether or not a food is safe for your dog to eat, it is always best to err on the side of caution and avoid giving it to them. There are many healthy and safe foods that you can feed your dog, so there is no need to risk their health by giving them something that is not good for them.

If you think that your dog has eaten something that is toxic to them, it is important to call your veterinarian immediately. They will be able to advise you on what to do for the dog sick and may recommend that you bring your dog in for treatment.